Thursday, May 19, 2011

So many gym bloggers...



I've noticed quite a few bloggers making tons of posts on the subject of working out, supplements, gym-going experiences and exercise in general.  On the whole, these people seem to be fairly new to scene, so I'd like to share what I consider to be the most important aspect of my gym career.

More important than any particular exercise you do, any supplements you may take or any meal you eat is patience.  Without patience, you'll eventually end up back at home on the couch.  Through the few years I've been lifting, this fact has remained true since the beginning.

A total body transformation doesn't happen all at once—these things take time.  Until you realize this and come to accept it, it's going to be twice as hard to look in the mirror each morning, twice as hard to stay motivated and twice as hard to get back to the gym for another workout.

Stop worrying about which exercise is best, what supplement will benefit you the most or how many calories are in your next meal.  If you make a habit of going to gym and doing proper lifts and cardio, you'll see results.  That's a fact; they may not be immediate, but they will come.

Personally, I didn't see any profound changes until my eighteen month mark and those changes were increased nearly one-thousand-fold come my two-year anniversary.  I know how disheartening it can be to see little to no improvement after three, six and even twelve months of work, but if you stick with it, things will come together in the end.

That being said, don't overlook proper form, proper diet, supplements or any other aspect of your routine.  While patience is key, you shouldn't overlook the aforementioned's capability to get you where you want to go faster.  Switch it up—keep your muscles guessing, keep drinking your protein shakes, and continue reading those internet articles for knowledge is paramount in your success.  However, remain steadfast and don't grow impatient—changes will eventually occur, making all of your effort worth while.

23 comments:

  1. Great post, i love you blog!
    =Followed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple exercise like walking or biking works just fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of people just don't want to put the work in and expect that if they do a few days of exercise that they will be slim straight away. They tend not to realise that it is a lifestyle and not 30mins in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, good post dude - i'm interested in what you'll write next

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im generally active and don't go to the gym, admittedly may have a fast motabilism but still ive never been fat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be irrelevant, but I barely exercise, eat tonnes, never go to the gym.....yet I never gain weight. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, I think I have to work out a little bit, i'm totally out of shape haha, take care! Following =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the guide of the excersize

    ReplyDelete
  9. That reminds me, I gotta find some time in my schedule for the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  10. heh. me too. Need to build up a bit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe count me in I work out as well :) the best sport ! +followed

    ReplyDelete
  12. i dont work out lol. but i walk a lot :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post, my blog is about my workouts and progression, and i know it takes patience and everything that you do, diet, focus, form, patience, and motivation all combine to build your physique not just working out hard for a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Working out is hard work, i think. I probably takes alot of dedication and blogging about it helps them stay focused

    ReplyDelete
  15. good advice. I'm trying to get fit this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm underweight. Wanna put on several stone before I go to the gym...

    ReplyDelete
  17. great advice, especially about patience. nothing good comes without patience

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm durrently doing a 3-5 day split, you should update your blog as to your progress on some of your training, if you have time.

    Looking forward to future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exercise is great, but people often overlook how important a good balanced diet is. Great advice though

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete